Sir Cliff Richard rocks Hatfield House
- Credit: Archant
SIR Cliff Richard performed to thousands of screaming fans at Hatfield House last night (Sunday).
The veteran singer, who is 72, sung to a crowd of approximately 5,000, after taking his Midsummer Nights: Still Reelin’ and A-Rockin’ tour to the Hertfordshire stately home.
He was also supported by the Military Wives who performed at the concert.
Sharon Webley attended the outdoor show and posted on Twitter: “Brilliant show tonight. Cliff still has more energy than most of the youngsters out there. #cliffrichard #hatfieldhouse”.
A spokeswoman for Hatfield House said the event was at full capacity.
You may also want to watch:
“We think it went really well,” she said.
But not everyone agreed, with some disgruntled Hatfield residents taking to Twitter and Facebook to complain about the noise levels.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 6 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 9 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
Danny p said on Twitter: “As If living in Hatfield wasn’t bad enough, I’m currently listening to the cliff Richard gig bellowing over from Hatfield house”.