Silent rockers are on solid Ground
IF you, like Depeche Mode, Enjoy the Silence , then it might be wise to avoid Peterborough rockers Silent Ground when they come to Hitchin this month. Formed in 2007, the band are Ben Mackereth (vocals), Joe Davies (bass), Ken Bavin (drums), Hayden Gigne
IF you, like Depeche Mode, 'Enjoy the Silence', then it might be wise to avoid Peterborough rockers Silent Ground when they come to Hitchin this month.
Formed in 2007, the band are Ben Mackereth (vocals), Joe Davies (bass), Ken Bavin (drums), Hayden Gigner (guitars/vocals) and Ash Morpeth (guitars).
The five-piece released their debut mini-album, entitled Tuesday Child, at the end of February and are shortly set to embark on a five-date UK mini-tour which includes dates in Leeds and Dunfermline.
Describing their music as "energetic" and "unpredictable," they claim to be suitable for fans of Taking Back Sunday and Kids In Glass Houses among others.
You may also want to watch:
Judge for yourself when Silent Ground come to Club 85 on Friday, May 15.
They will be performing alongside Proceed, Oceans Upon Us and Fate of a Stranger.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
The music starts at 7.45pm and is expected to finish at 11.45pm.
Tickets cost �5 in advance or �6 on the door.
For more about the band, visit www.silent-ground.co.uk or www.myspace.com.silentground