Silent rockers are on solid Ground
IF you, like Depeche Mode, Enjoy the Silence , then it might be wise to avoid Peterborough rockers Silent Ground when they come to Hitchin this month. Formed in 2007, the band are Ben Mackereth (vocals), Joe Davies (bass), Ken Bavin (drums), Hayden Gigne
IF you, like Depeche Mode, 'Enjoy the Silence', then it might be wise to avoid Peterborough rockers Silent Ground when they come to Hitchin this month.
Formed in 2007, the band are Ben Mackereth (vocals), Joe Davies (bass), Ken Bavin (drums), Hayden Gigner (guitars/vocals) and Ash Morpeth (guitars).
The five-piece released their debut mini-album, entitled Tuesday Child, at the end of February and are shortly set to embark on a five-date UK mini-tour which includes dates in Leeds and Dunfermline.
Describing their music as "energetic" and "unpredictable," they claim to be suitable for fans of Taking Back Sunday and Kids In Glass Houses among others.
You may also want to watch:
Judge for yourself when Silent Ground come to Club 85 on Friday, May 15.
They will be performing alongside Proceed, Oceans Upon Us and Fate of a Stranger.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
The music starts at 7.45pm and is expected to finish at 11.45pm.
Tickets cost �5 in advance or �6 on the door.
For more about the band, visit www.silent-ground.co.uk or www.myspace.com.silentground