Sign up for Welwyn Garden City's Race for Life
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will 'do something amazing' at Stanborough Park. Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line. Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC hav
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will "do something amazing" at Stanborough Park.
Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line.
Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC have opened.
And organisers are hoping those taking part will smash through the 2008 fundraising total of �181,666.
You don't need to be a seasoned runner to have a go at the five-kilometre route, either, event spokeswoman Katie McGaw said.
She said: "We hope everyone will accept our invitation to do something amazing by taking part in Race for Life.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
"Women of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes join in. They motivate and inspire each other to complete the 5k course.
"Many simply walk round, chatting and having fun but they all share the wonderful spirit of sisterhood and pride on the day."
If you want to take part, click on the link below to find out more.