Sign up for Welwyn Garden City's Race for Life
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will 'do something amazing' at Stanborough Park. Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line. Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC hav
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will "do something amazing" at Stanborough Park.
Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line.
Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC have opened.
And organisers are hoping those taking part will smash through the 2008 fundraising total of �181,666.
You don't need to be a seasoned runner to have a go at the five-kilometre route, either, event spokeswoman Katie McGaw said.
She said: "We hope everyone will accept our invitation to do something amazing by taking part in Race for Life.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 8 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
"Women of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes join in. They motivate and inspire each other to complete the 5k course.
"Many simply walk round, chatting and having fun but they all share the wonderful spirit of sisterhood and pride on the day."
If you want to take part, click on the link below to find out more.