Sign up for Welwyn Garden City's Race for Life
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will 'do something amazing' at Stanborough Park. Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line. Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC hav
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will "do something amazing" at Stanborough Park.
Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line.
Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC have opened.
And organisers are hoping those taking part will smash through the 2008 fundraising total of �181,666.
You may also want to watch:
You don't need to be a seasoned runner to have a go at the five-kilometre route, either, event spokeswoman Katie McGaw said.
She said: "We hope everyone will accept our invitation to do something amazing by taking part in Race for Life.
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
"Women of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes join in. They motivate and inspire each other to complete the 5k course.
"Many simply walk round, chatting and having fun but they all share the wonderful spirit of sisterhood and pride on the day."
If you want to take part, click on the link below to find out more.