Sign up for Welwyn Garden City's Race for Life
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will 'do something amazing' at Stanborough Park. Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line. Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC hav
ON the morning of Sunday, June 7, some 2,700 women will "do something amazing" at Stanborough Park.
Now is your chance to sign up to this year's Race for Life and join them on the start line.
Entries for the annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser in WGC have opened.
And organisers are hoping those taking part will smash through the 2008 fundraising total of �181,666.
You may also want to watch:
You don't need to be a seasoned runner to have a go at the five-kilometre route, either, event spokeswoman Katie McGaw said.
She said: "We hope everyone will accept our invitation to do something amazing by taking part in Race for Life.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
"Women of all ages, abilities, shapes and sizes join in. They motivate and inspire each other to complete the 5k course.
"Many simply walk round, chatting and having fun but they all share the wonderful spirit of sisterhood and pride on the day."
If you want to take part, click on the link below to find out more.