Sign InferNO! petition to oppose Hatfield incinerator
SUPPORT is growing for InferNO! – our campaign opposing the building of an incinerator in Hatfield.
Last week we launched the campaign to prevent Hertfordshire County Council pushing ahead with plans for the waste burning facility at New Barnfield.
Not only do we feel the Travellers Lane site is inappropriate for the 345,000-tonne facility, but we also question the view that incineration is the answer to dumping rubbish in landfill sites.
Readers have been showing their support for InferNO! by signing the petition we’ve set up on our website.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up to the cause. Click on the link above right and add your name to our petition.
You may also want to watch:
You should also write to your MP and the county council to let your voice be heard.
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson said: “This is a battle we must win; we should not ridden roughshod over.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?