Sign InferNO! petition to oppose Hatfield incinerator
SUPPORT is growing for InferNO! – our campaign opposing the building of an incinerator in Hatfield.
Last week we launched the campaign to prevent Hertfordshire County Council pushing ahead with plans for the waste burning facility at New Barnfield.
Not only do we feel the Travellers Lane site is inappropriate for the 345,000-tonne facility, but we also question the view that incineration is the answer to dumping rubbish in landfill sites.
Readers have been showing their support for InferNO! by signing the petition we’ve set up on our website.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up to the cause. Click on the link above right and add your name to our petition.
You may also want to watch:
You should also write to your MP and the county council to let your voice be heard.
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson said: “This is a battle we must win; we should not ridden roughshod over.”
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 5 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 6 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 7 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan