Sign InferNO! petition to oppose Hatfield incinerator
SUPPORT is growing for InferNO! – our campaign opposing the building of an incinerator in Hatfield.
Last week we launched the campaign to prevent Hertfordshire County Council pushing ahead with plans for the waste burning facility at New Barnfield.
Not only do we feel the Travellers Lane site is inappropriate for the 345,000-tonne facility, but we also question the view that incineration is the answer to dumping rubbish in landfill sites.
Readers have been showing their support for InferNO! by signing the petition we’ve set up on our website.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up to the cause. Click on the link above right and add your name to our petition.
You may also want to watch:
You should also write to your MP and the county council to let your voice be heard.
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson said: “This is a battle we must win; we should not ridden roughshod over.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 10 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital