Shopper’s purse nicked in Welwyn Garden City
A SHOPPER had her purse stolen from her bag in WGC town centre.
The theft took place in Howardsgate between 8am and 9am.
Police would not reveal how much money was taken, but it was “a considerable sum”.
They are warning shoppers to be on their guard and look after their belongings.
Pcso Kate Blenkin said: “The victim in this particular crime is keen to make people aware so they are less likely to have the intrusion and inconvenience of having their possessions stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also remind people to be more aware of who is around them and limit the opportunity for your belongings to be stolen without you realising, particularly in busy areas such as coffee shops and shopping areas.”
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM