Shopper’s purse nicked in Welwyn Garden City
A SHOPPER had her purse stolen from her bag in WGC town centre.
The theft took place in Howardsgate between 8am and 9am.
Police would not reveal how much money was taken, but it was “a considerable sum”.
They are warning shoppers to be on their guard and look after their belongings.
Pcso Kate Blenkin said: “The victim in this particular crime is keen to make people aware so they are less likely to have the intrusion and inconvenience of having their possessions stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also remind people to be more aware of who is around them and limit the opportunity for your belongings to be stolen without you realising, particularly in busy areas such as coffee shops and shopping areas.”
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images