Shock closure of Welwyn Hatfield pub
PUNTERS hoping for a pint at a popular pub have been left baffled by its sudden and unexpected closure.
Thirsty patrons were surprised to find The Green Man in Mill Green locked up, the furniture from inside and outside the building removed, and a sign, pictured below, simply saying: “Sorry, we are closed.”
In December, the company that owned The Green Man, Pubs ‘N’ Bars, went into administration, with administrators Grant Thorton keeping the company’s pubs open for as long as they were sustainable.
But it seems last orders have finally been called at The Green Man – at least for now.
Mill Green resident Steve Creswell, a regular Green Man patron, said: “It was a great little pub, especially in the summer because it has such a big garden at the back that a lot of people probably didn’t even know existed.
You may also want to watch:
“I suppose its downfall is that it’s a bit isolated and out of the way.
“I’ll definitely miss those warm summer’s evenings sat out in the garden, sampling all their guest ales though.”
- 1 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 10 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
He added: “I just hope it opens again at some point because it would be a great shame if time had actually been called for good on the place.”