Shock closure of Welwyn Hatfield pub
PUNTERS hoping for a pint at a popular pub have been left baffled by its sudden and unexpected closure.
Thirsty patrons were surprised to find The Green Man in Mill Green locked up, the furniture from inside and outside the building removed, and a sign, pictured below, simply saying: “Sorry, we are closed.”
In December, the company that owned The Green Man, Pubs ‘N’ Bars, went into administration, with administrators Grant Thorton keeping the company’s pubs open for as long as they were sustainable.
But it seems last orders have finally been called at The Green Man – at least for now.
Mill Green resident Steve Creswell, a regular Green Man patron, said: “It was a great little pub, especially in the summer because it has such a big garden at the back that a lot of people probably didn’t even know existed.
You may also want to watch:
“I suppose its downfall is that it’s a bit isolated and out of the way.
“I’ll definitely miss those warm summer’s evenings sat out in the garden, sampling all their guest ales though.”
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
He added: “I just hope it opens again at some point because it would be a great shame if time had actually been called for good on the place.”