There are four candidates in Sherrards – read below to find out who they are and what they stand for.
This seat is currently held by the Conservative Party.
Labour – Tony Crump, of Digswel Hill, Welwyn
I’m married to Helen and have lived in the district for 38 years over 33 of those in Sherrards Ward.
You may also want to watch:
I have worked in the area first at Roche and latterly as a self-employed marketing consultant. I have recently retired.
I’m a governor of Monk’s Walk School. My children were educated locally at Sir Frederic Osborn School, where my wife taught English.
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
If elected I promise to listen to the concerns and worries of the residents of Sherrards and to join the team of Labour councillors in helping to best deal with the savage cuts imposed by the Tory Government.
Green – Susan Groom, of Ingles, WGC
I am opposed to a Tesco store in WGC, a member of the Woodland Trust and Green Peace.
Yes to AV.
If elected I will do my best to help anyone with problems in the ward.
Conservative – Pat Mabbott*, of Lesmford Lane, WGC
My pledges for Sherrards:
? I will endeavour to resolve parking issues and ensure any concerns are addressed promptly
? I will listen to residents’ views regarding the Broadwater Road development, and make sure these are fed into the Council
? I will speak up for residents on any local matters you wish raised with Council
Liberal Democrat – Frank Marsh, of Reddings, WGC
Frank has been a member of the Liberal Democrats and former Liberal Party for over 25 years.
He worked in WGC for 12 years for a firm of Solicitors as a personal injury and litigation lawyer and now works in Harlow.
He lives in Sherrards Ward with his wife and children who have all attended local schools.
He has always taken an interest in helping people and solving their problems, civil liberties, the environment, housing, together with the preservation and promotion of our Garden City.