Shaun the Sheep comes to Welwyn Garden City for 90th anniversary fun day
A POPULAR children’s TV star popped in to WGC at the weekend, as part of a fun day celebrating the town’s 90th anniversary.
Shaun the Sheep and his buddy Timmy the Lamb visited the Howard Centre on Saturday, to the delight of youngsters who follow their BBC adventures every week.
The pair posed for photos and wandered around town, where face painting, competitions and balloon modelling was also taking place.
The event also coincided with World Environment Day, and a number of stalls were set up to showcase green initiatives happening throughout the borough.
Elsewhere, parents enjoyed a fine food and craft market, and in the afternoon, the WGC Brass Band and Male Voice Choir held a free open-air concert at the Campus Arena.
You may also want to watch:
According to Nicola Kane, Welwyn Hatfield Council’s town centre manager, the event was a huge success – and finished just in time. “The town centre was packed during the day,” she said. “The sunny weather brought people in their droves to sample the fine food and craft market, as well as to learn more about the environment and what’s being done in the borough.
“The free music on The Campus was a lovely way to while away an afternoon in the sun and was also well attended – and the concert finished just in time, as the rain began to pour about 10 minutes after the final curtain!”
- 1 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping