Share your memories of Potters Bar Sainsbury's
LOYAL customers to a long-standing supermarket are being encouraged to share their memories of the store as it celebrates a landmark birthday. This year, shopping giant Sainsbury's is celebrating its 140th birthday, and staff at the Potters Bar branch wan
LOYAL customers to a long-standing supermarket are being encouraged to share their memories of the store as it celebrates a landmark birthday.
This year, shopping giant Sainsbury's is celebrating its 140th birthday, and staff at the Potters Bar branch want to hear from customers about their experiences.
You could win a �10 store voucher by sending in your memories of the store, which opened on Darkes Lane back in November 1980.
Glen Sharp, Potters Bar store manager, said: "We're looking for customers and colleagues who have interesting and quirky memories of the store, for example; it would be great to find someone who remembers when the store opened or who has been shopping with us for a particularly long time.
"Better still, if anyone has any Sainsbury's memorabilia which they'd be happy to share with us, we'd love to see anything that's available!"
Sainsbury's Potters Bar will be celebrating the birthday in store over the last bank holiday of May.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 6 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Body of a man discovered in woodland near Welham Green
If you have a story to tell about the supermarket, call Emma Morgan on 01707 650814.