Share your memories of Potters Bar Sainsbury's
LOYAL customers to a long-standing supermarket are being encouraged to share their memories of the store as it celebrates a landmark birthday. This year, shopping giant Sainsbury's is celebrating its 140th birthday, and staff at the Potters Bar branch wan
LOYAL customers to a long-standing supermarket are being encouraged to share their memories of the store as it celebrates a landmark birthday.
This year, shopping giant Sainsbury's is celebrating its 140th birthday, and staff at the Potters Bar branch want to hear from customers about their experiences.
You could win a �10 store voucher by sending in your memories of the store, which opened on Darkes Lane back in November 1980.
Glen Sharp, Potters Bar store manager, said: "We're looking for customers and colleagues who have interesting and quirky memories of the store, for example; it would be great to find someone who remembers when the store opened or who has been shopping with us for a particularly long time.
You may also want to watch:
"Better still, if anyone has any Sainsbury's memorabilia which they'd be happy to share with us, we'd love to see anything that's available!"
Sainsbury's Potters Bar will be celebrating the birthday in store over the last bank holiday of May.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
If you have a story to tell about the supermarket, call Emma Morgan on 01707 650814.