Share your memories of Potters Bar Sainsbury's
LOYAL customers to a long-standing supermarket are being encouraged to share their memories of the store as it celebrates a landmark birthday. This year, shopping giant Sainsbury's is celebrating its 140th birthday, and staff at the Potters Bar branch wan
LOYAL customers to a long-standing supermarket are being encouraged to share their memories of the store as it celebrates a landmark birthday.
This year, shopping giant Sainsbury's is celebrating its 140th birthday, and staff at the Potters Bar branch want to hear from customers about their experiences.
You could win a �10 store voucher by sending in your memories of the store, which opened on Darkes Lane back in November 1980.
Glen Sharp, Potters Bar store manager, said: "We're looking for customers and colleagues who have interesting and quirky memories of the store, for example; it would be great to find someone who remembers when the store opened or who has been shopping with us for a particularly long time.
You may also want to watch:
"Better still, if anyone has any Sainsbury's memorabilia which they'd be happy to share with us, we'd love to see anything that's available!"
Sainsbury's Potters Bar will be celebrating the birthday in store over the last bank holiday of May.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
If you have a story to tell about the supermarket, call Emma Morgan on 01707 650814.