Shapps reveals IVF postcode lottery worse than before
THE postcode lottery for IVF provision on the NHS has got worse over the last two years, MP Grant Shapps has revealed. The Welwyn Hatfield MP has conducted a major new survey two years on from a similar study. His research shows more than eight out of
THE 'postcode lottery' for IVF provision on the NHS has got worse over the last two years, MP Grant Shapps has revealed.
The Welwyn Hatfield MP has conducted a major new survey two years on from a similar study.
His research shows more than eight out of 10 primary care trusts are failing to follow national guidelines, which state three full cycles of IVF treatment should be provided to infertile couples.
He said two trusts had even admitted to not providing any IVF treatment at all in the last two years.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps, whose own three children were born through IVF treatment, said: "The report is based on FOI responses from more than 80 per cent of PCTs and is the most comprehensive picture of IVF provision in Britain since a similar piece of work I carried out two years ago.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education