Services to mark Holocaust Memorial Day
SPECIAL services will mark Holocaust Memorial Day in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertsmere today (Thursday)
Welwyn Hatfield borough mayor Howard Morgan will lead a commemoration at the Reiss Memorial in Parkway, WGC, from 11am.
There will be a series of short readings and personal accounts of the Holocaust, as well as a release of doves.
The service will be followed by a small reception in the council chamber at Campus West.
Another event will take place at Hertsmere Borough Council’s offices in Borehamwood, from 10.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Linda Silver will be joined by council colleagues, schoolchildren, religious leaders and residents for the service and a two-minute silence.
All are welcome to attend either service.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield