Services to mark Holocaust Memorial Day
SPECIAL services will mark Holocaust Memorial Day in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertsmere today (Thursday)
Welwyn Hatfield borough mayor Howard Morgan will lead a commemoration at the Reiss Memorial in Parkway, WGC, from 11am.
There will be a series of short readings and personal accounts of the Holocaust, as well as a release of doves.
The service will be followed by a small reception in the council chamber at Campus West.
Another event will take place at Hertsmere Borough Council’s offices in Borehamwood, from 10.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Linda Silver will be joined by council colleagues, schoolchildren, religious leaders and residents for the service and a two-minute silence.
All are welcome to attend either service.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images