Services disrupted after death on railway line
RAIL services running through Times Territory have been delayed after a fatality on the line. A person was killed after being struck by a train at Stevenage at about 11.20am today (Monday). The emergency services are currently at the scene. A spokesman
RAIL services running through Times Territory have been delayed after a fatality on the line.
A person was killed after being struck by a train at Stevenage at about 11.20am today (Monday).
The emergency services are currently at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police (BTP) said: "A person has died after being struck by a train at Stevenage station today.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident was reported to police at 11.23am and is currently being attended by BTP, Hertfordshire Constabulary and paramedics from the local ambulance service.
"The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 2 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 3 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 4 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
"The train involved was the 11am King's Cross to Glasgow service."
A First Capital Connect spokesman said services were currently "subject to delays, cancellations and alterations".
A Network Rail spokesman said the line was not expected to return to normal until later this afternoon.