Serious house fire in Welwyn Garden City

PUBLISHED: 10:56 24 August 2015 | UPDATED: 11:45 24 August 2015

Archant

A Welwyn Garden City house was badly damaged in a blaze that started in an electrical cupboard on Saturday morning

Firefighters were called to an end-of-terrace house in Longcroft Lane at 11.30am, using breathing apparatus to fight their way into the burning kitchen.

The owners of the house were away, but the fire service says the kitchen was “100 per cent damaged”, while the rest of the house was affected by smoke.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times