Scrapyard fire brought under control
A BLAZE which ripped through a car dealership in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) has been put out.
As reported earlier on www.whtimes24.co.uk, fire crews were called to Rush Green Motors in Langley just after 5am.
Vehicles and other scrap, including tyres, were ablaze.
But a Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman has confirmed the flames have been put out.
She said firefighters remained on the scene to doues the area and keep it from reigniting.
You may also want to watch:
The B656 London Road remains closed to traffic for the rest of the day.
The spokeswoman added it was “too early” to determine whether the blaze was suspicious or not.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception