School kicks up a stink over dog mess
A SCHOOL has found itself in a right mess – because a bin full of dog's muck has not been cleared for weeks. Now the bin is said to be overflowing to such an extent that dog-walkers are simply dropping their pets' deposits in the car park of
A SCHOOL has found itself in a right mess - because a bin full of dog's muck has not been cleared for weeks.
Now the bin is said to be overflowing to such an extent that dog-walkers are simply dropping their pets' deposits in the car park of St Mary's Primary School in Welham Green.
Staff at the Dellsome Lane school say the bin, which is positioned next to the entrance gates, is now so full the lid cannot be put down.
Headteacher Jane Guy said: "We've made various enquiries to have the bin emptied. It would be nice to have it emptied.
You may also want to watch:
"To put it outside a primary school seems a little bit ill-conceived."
The emptying of dog waste bins is the responsibility of Welwyn Hatfield Council's environmental partners Serco.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
According to the council's website, the bins are emptied on a weekly basis, "normally on a Wednesday or Thursday".
A spokesman said the issue was probably due to an "oversight" and the matter would be dealt with as quickly as possible