School children warm up for May Day festival
SCHOOLCHILDREN have been getting into the swing of things ahead of their annual village fete.
With the Lemsford Village Fete taking place next month, students at St John’s School have been preparing for their performance at the event.
The pupils were put through their paces last week, during a dress rehearsal for their traditional country and Maypole routine, which they shall be performing at the fete on the May Day bank holiday.
This year, there will be an additional performance from St John’s School Dance Club, following a recent performance at the Dance Festival at Campus West in WGC.
Headteacher Mandy Evans said: “We have a strong tradition of excellent singing and dancing at St John’s School and most importantly the children love performing to the public so that they can share their enthusiasm!”
You may also want to watch:
The Lemsford Village Fete is being held on Monday, May 2, from 1pm to 5pm.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows