Saxon lined up for Sonisphere Festival slot at Knebworth
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House. The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers a
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House.
The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers are hoping to confirm Saxon early next week as replacements for Thin Lizzy, who have unfortunately dropped out.
Saxon are playing the sold-out Finnish leg of Sonisphere a week before the touring festival arrives at Knebworth for its climax headlined by metal gods Metallica and the multi-million selling Linkin Park.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking outside Knebworth House yesterday (Thursday), festival director Stuart Galbraith said he expects the rock event to be a success in its first year.
The man behind Sonisphere said: "We are on track and if the shows we've done in Europe are anything to go by, Knebworth is going to be fantastic."
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
Buckcherry are another group expected to be announced next week for the Sunday - the day headlined by Metallica.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for further Sonisphere news.