Saxon lined up for Sonisphere Festival slot at Knebworth
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House. The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers a
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House.
The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers are hoping to confirm Saxon early next week as replacements for Thin Lizzy, who have unfortunately dropped out.
Saxon are playing the sold-out Finnish leg of Sonisphere a week before the touring festival arrives at Knebworth for its climax headlined by metal gods Metallica and the multi-million selling Linkin Park.
Speaking outside Knebworth House yesterday (Thursday), festival director Stuart Galbraith said he expects the rock event to be a success in its first year.
The man behind Sonisphere said: "We are on track and if the shows we've done in Europe are anything to go by, Knebworth is going to be fantastic."
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 4 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 5 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Meet your officers at Friday’s Welwyn Garden City event
- 8 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 9 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
Buckcherry are another group expected to be announced next week for the Sunday - the day headlined by Metallica.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for further Sonisphere news.