Saxon lined up for Sonisphere Festival slot at Knebworth
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House. The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers a
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House.
The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers are hoping to confirm Saxon early next week as replacements for Thin Lizzy, who have unfortunately dropped out.
Saxon are playing the sold-out Finnish leg of Sonisphere a week before the touring festival arrives at Knebworth for its climax headlined by metal gods Metallica and the multi-million selling Linkin Park.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking outside Knebworth House yesterday (Thursday), festival director Stuart Galbraith said he expects the rock event to be a success in its first year.
The man behind Sonisphere said: "We are on track and if the shows we've done in Europe are anything to go by, Knebworth is going to be fantastic."
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Buckcherry are another group expected to be announced next week for the Sunday - the day headlined by Metallica.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for further Sonisphere news.