Saxon lined up for Sonisphere Festival slot at Knebworth
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House. The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers a
HEAVY metal band Saxon are being lined up to join the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House.
The two-day rock spectacular takes place at the iconic Hertfordshire venue on August 1-2.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands that festival organisers are hoping to confirm Saxon early next week as replacements for Thin Lizzy, who have unfortunately dropped out.
Saxon are playing the sold-out Finnish leg of Sonisphere a week before the touring festival arrives at Knebworth for its climax headlined by metal gods Metallica and the multi-million selling Linkin Park.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking outside Knebworth House yesterday (Thursday), festival director Stuart Galbraith said he expects the rock event to be a success in its first year.
The man behind Sonisphere said: "We are on track and if the shows we've done in Europe are anything to go by, Knebworth is going to be fantastic."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Buckcherry are another group expected to be announced next week for the Sunday - the day headlined by Metallica.
* See next week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for further Sonisphere news.