Sawmill roof catches alight near Welwyn
PUBLISHED: 09:35 21 March 2014 | UPDATED: 09:56 21 March 2014
A sawmill roof caught alight last night (Thursday), sparking a three fire crew response.
Firefighters from Welwyn Garden City and Welwyn attended the small blaze at Ternex Ltd in Ayot Green, Welwyn.
Hose reels and ladders were used to extinguish the fire, after the alarm was raised at 6.35pm.
The crews had finished the job by 7.25pm.
It is believed embers from a chimney caused saw dust or moss to catch alight.
The fire was described as “nothing significant” by the company.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.