Santa’s sleigh set to tour Brookmans Park
SANTA will be riding his sleigh through some of the villages in Times Territory after the switching on of a Christmas tree’s lights.
Brookmans Park Rotary Club has organised the festivities and have invited football legend Bob Wilson.
The ex-Arsenal and Scotland goalkeeper and Willow Foundation co-founder will flick the switch at Bradmore Green on Saturday.
Rotarian Martin Collins said: “We’ll be joined by the Potters Bar Town Band who will accompany the carols.
“And we’ll be serving hot chocolate, mulled wine, mince pies and hot dogs donated by the Rotary club, The Brookmans, Brookmans Bakery and Michael’s Butchers.”
You may also want to watch:
The fun begins at 4.30pm, with Santa expected at 5pm and the lighting up ceremony at 5.30pm.
A collection for the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation, which supports seriously ill young people aged 16 to 40, will take place.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
Santa will then be completing a whistlestop tour of the area starting from Tuesday.
The first day will start at The Gardens in Brookmans Park, ending in Mymms Drive.
On Thursday, December 3 Father Christmas will begin his route at Calder Avenue, ending in Bradmore Way.
Welham Green will see Santa on Monday, December 7 and Wednesday, December 9, starting at Knolles Crescent and Huggins Lane, respectively.
He is then set to fly into Cuffley on Monday, December 14 from Tolmers Road, Wednesday December 16, at Brookside Crescent and Thursday, December 17 at The Meadway.
All routes begin at 6pm.