Santa’s sleigh set to tour Brookmans Park
SANTA will be riding his sleigh through some of the villages in Times Territory after the switching on of a Christmas tree’s lights.
Brookmans Park Rotary Club has organised the festivities and have invited football legend Bob Wilson.
The ex-Arsenal and Scotland goalkeeper and Willow Foundation co-founder will flick the switch at Bradmore Green on Saturday.
Rotarian Martin Collins said: “We’ll be joined by the Potters Bar Town Band who will accompany the carols.
“And we’ll be serving hot chocolate, mulled wine, mince pies and hot dogs donated by the Rotary club, The Brookmans, Brookmans Bakery and Michael’s Butchers.”
You may also want to watch:
The fun begins at 4.30pm, with Santa expected at 5pm and the lighting up ceremony at 5.30pm.
A collection for the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation, which supports seriously ill young people aged 16 to 40, will take place.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
Santa will then be completing a whistlestop tour of the area starting from Tuesday.
The first day will start at The Gardens in Brookmans Park, ending in Mymms Drive.
On Thursday, December 3 Father Christmas will begin his route at Calder Avenue, ending in Bradmore Way.
Welham Green will see Santa on Monday, December 7 and Wednesday, December 9, starting at Knolles Crescent and Huggins Lane, respectively.
He is then set to fly into Cuffley on Monday, December 14 from Tolmers Road, Wednesday December 16, at Brookside Crescent and Thursday, December 17 at The Meadway.
All routes begin at 6pm.