Santa’s sleigh set to tour Brookmans Park
SANTA will be riding his sleigh through some of the villages in Times Territory after the switching on of a Christmas tree’s lights.
Brookmans Park Rotary Club has organised the festivities and have invited football legend Bob Wilson.
The ex-Arsenal and Scotland goalkeeper and Willow Foundation co-founder will flick the switch at Bradmore Green on Saturday.
Rotarian Martin Collins said: “We’ll be joined by the Potters Bar Town Band who will accompany the carols.
“And we’ll be serving hot chocolate, mulled wine, mince pies and hot dogs donated by the Rotary club, The Brookmans, Brookmans Bakery and Michael’s Butchers.”
You may also want to watch:
The fun begins at 4.30pm, with Santa expected at 5pm and the lighting up ceremony at 5.30pm.
A collection for the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation, which supports seriously ill young people aged 16 to 40, will take place.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
Santa will then be completing a whistlestop tour of the area starting from Tuesday.
The first day will start at The Gardens in Brookmans Park, ending in Mymms Drive.
On Thursday, December 3 Father Christmas will begin his route at Calder Avenue, ending in Bradmore Way.
Welham Green will see Santa on Monday, December 7 and Wednesday, December 9, starting at Knolles Crescent and Huggins Lane, respectively.
He is then set to fly into Cuffley on Monday, December 14 from Tolmers Road, Wednesday December 16, at Brookside Crescent and Thursday, December 17 at The Meadway.
All routes begin at 6pm.