Samurai sword ‘attack’ in Welwyn Garden City
A MAN has appeared before magistrates charged with having a samurai sword in a WGC street at the weekend.
Police were called to Moors Walk at 10pm on Saturday.
A spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “When officers arrived they found a man in possession of a sword.
“After being threatened they restrained the man and seized the sword.”
Taury Ponting-Meade, 21, of Little Hardings, WGC, was charged with affray and possession of a samurai sword in public.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Central Herts Magistrates’ Court in Hatfield on Monday, and was given conditional bail to appear again in August.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement