Samurai sword ‘attack’ in Welwyn Garden City
A MAN has appeared before magistrates charged with having a samurai sword in a WGC street at the weekend.
Police were called to Moors Walk at 10pm on Saturday.
A spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “When officers arrived they found a man in possession of a sword.
“After being threatened they restrained the man and seized the sword.”
Taury Ponting-Meade, 21, of Little Hardings, WGC, was charged with affray and possession of a samurai sword in public.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Central Herts Magistrates’ Court in Hatfield on Monday, and was given conditional bail to appear again in August.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses