Samurai sword ‘attack’ in Welwyn Garden City
A MAN has appeared before magistrates charged with having a samurai sword in a WGC street at the weekend.
Police were called to Moors Walk at 10pm on Saturday.
A spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “When officers arrived they found a man in possession of a sword.
“After being threatened they restrained the man and seized the sword.”
Taury Ponting-Meade, 21, of Little Hardings, WGC, was charged with affray and possession of a samurai sword in public.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Central Herts Magistrates’ Court in Hatfield on Monday, and was given conditional bail to appear again in August.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say