Salon worker guilty of benefit fraud
A BENEFIT cheat, who claimed both council tax and housing benefits while working in a hair salon, has been convicted of fraud. Between May and November 2008, Jade Keeney, 22, claimed
A BENEFIT cheat, who claimed both council tax and housing benefits while working in a hair salon, has been convicted of fraud.
Between May and November 2008, Jade Keeney, 22, claimed �1,675.62 in housing benefit and �336.35 of council tax benefit to which she had no entitlement.
Hertford magistrates' court heard how Keeney, of Moorymead Close, Watton at Stone, failed to tell East Herts Council that she no longer received incapacity benefit.
She also omitted to tell the council that she was working at Belles and Shears, a hairdressers' in Hertford.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing her on September 15, magistrates gave her an 18 month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �425 towards prosecution costs.
She will also have to repay the money she claimed.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One