Salon worker guilty of benefit fraud
A BENEFIT cheat, who claimed both council tax and housing benefits while working in a hair salon, has been convicted of fraud. Between May and November 2008, Jade Keeney, 22, claimed
A BENEFIT cheat, who claimed both council tax and housing benefits while working in a hair salon, has been convicted of fraud.
Between May and November 2008, Jade Keeney, 22, claimed �1,675.62 in housing benefit and �336.35 of council tax benefit to which she had no entitlement.
Hertford magistrates' court heard how Keeney, of Moorymead Close, Watton at Stone, failed to tell East Herts Council that she no longer received incapacity benefit.
She also omitted to tell the council that she was working at Belles and Shears, a hairdressers' in Hertford.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing her on September 15, magistrates gave her an 18 month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �425 towards prosecution costs.
She will also have to repay the money she claimed.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week