Salon worker guilty of benefit fraud
A BENEFIT cheat, who claimed both council tax and housing benefits while working in a hair salon, has been convicted of fraud. Between May and November 2008, Jade Keeney, 22, claimed
A BENEFIT cheat, who claimed both council tax and housing benefits while working in a hair salon, has been convicted of fraud.
Between May and November 2008, Jade Keeney, 22, claimed �1,675.62 in housing benefit and �336.35 of council tax benefit to which she had no entitlement.
Hertford magistrates' court heard how Keeney, of Moorymead Close, Watton at Stone, failed to tell East Herts Council that she no longer received incapacity benefit.
She also omitted to tell the council that she was working at Belles and Shears, a hairdressers' in Hertford.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing her on September 15, magistrates gave her an 18 month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �425 towards prosecution costs.
She will also have to repay the money she claimed.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk