Sales of natural swine flu products soar in Welwyn Garden City
BREWER'S yeast has emerged as the latest remedy for keeping swine flu at bay. Julie Goodwin, who runs Natural Health in WGC, told the WHT that sales of Beta Glucans, which contain the yeast, had risen sharply. The 48-year-old said:
BREWER'S yeast has emerged as the latest remedy for keeping swine flu at bay.
Julie Goodwin, who runs Natural Health in WGC, told the WHT that sales of Beta Glucans, which contain the yeast, had risen sharply.
The 48-year-old said: "In the last week, I have sold 100 units, whereas previously I would have sold perhaps one a month.
"It is my number one product at the moment."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Goodwin, who lives in Cob Lane Close, Digswell, said Beta Glucans had many benefits.
"They are very, very good for boosting up the immune system," she said.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
"Anyone who generally goes down with coughs and colds I would recommend it."
She added: "There are no side effects at all."
But despite the extra revenue generated by these sales, Julie admitted the high street was still a tough place to be in the current economic climate.
So, to combat this and raise awareness of her store, she has decided to use the latest technology to its full extent, recording podcasts and providing updates on the microblogging site Twitter.
She said: "A lot of retailers are really struggling at the moment, so I have tried to find different ways of promoting myself."
For more information on Beta Glucans or to see Julie's podcasts, go to www.naturaltherapycente.co.uk