Sainsbury’s viewing platform opens in Welwyn Garden City
DEMOLITION is well under way at the Sainsbury’s supermarket in WGC.
Residents are able to see firsthand how work is progressing from today (Monday) as a viewing platform is opened.
The WHT was given a sneak preview last week and taken onsite by project manager Matt Maisey.
He said there were around 15 workers on site, which would rise to nearly 120 as the development continued.
The machinery, pictured, is currently sitting above the underground car park and the area will be completely flattened in around two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Work to excavate into the car park area and below will then begin, leaving a large hole by Christmas.
The viewing platform will be opened everyday workmen are at the site’s during their working hours and is accessible from Wigmores South.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images