Sainsbury’s viewing platform opens in Welwyn Garden City
DEMOLITION is well under way at the Sainsbury’s supermarket in WGC.
Residents are able to see firsthand how work is progressing from today (Monday) as a viewing platform is opened.
The WHT was given a sneak preview last week and taken onsite by project manager Matt Maisey.
He said there were around 15 workers on site, which would rise to nearly 120 as the development continued.
The machinery, pictured, is currently sitting above the underground car park and the area will be completely flattened in around two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Work to excavate into the car park area and below will then begin, leaving a large hole by Christmas.
The viewing platform will be opened everyday workmen are at the site’s during their working hours and is accessible from Wigmores South.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 10 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize