Sainsbury’s on the spot in Potters Bar Rotary Club competition
A PENALTY shoot-out was required to decide the winners of the annual Potters Bar Rotary Club six-a-side football tournament.
After a long battle, the 10 team competition was won by Sainsbury’s.
Also taking part was a team from the Potters Bar Edition, although our participation was limited to the group stages!
The event, held at the Furzefield Centre on Sunday last week, helped raise �850.
Rotary club president Pat Rowatt said: “Our grateful thanks go to the players and supporters who we hope have enjoyed this event.
You may also want to watch:
“Our special thanks also go to Furzefield Centre for the use of the pitches, St John Ambulance for their support on the day, the referees for giving up their time, Crusaders Football Club for the use of their facilities and finally to John Metzelaar [referee] for his tremendous help and support over the years.”
One of the defeated Potters Bar Edition players, reporter Simon Wesson, said: “After drawing our first game – with the team who turned out to be the eventual winners – and winning the next, we were feeling pretty confident.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
“Unfortunately somehow we fell apart after that and we were rightfully knocked out.
“As always it was a very enjoyable day though and I am sure we will return next year.”