Rush hour crash in Welwyn
A CAR has overturned outside a school this morning (Wednesday).
A man in his 40s was hospitalised following a two-car collision on the Great North Road outside Oaklands Primary School in Welwyn at 8am.
A blue Renault Clio had overturned but the man walked free from the car before emergency services arrived.
A woman in her 20s driving a white Mitsubishi Colt did not need hospital treatment.
Firefighters and paramedics were at the scene and police had closed the road at the junction of Canonsfield Road and at the junction with the A1(M) at Welwyn.
You may also want to watch:
Rush hour traffic was affected as far as Knebworth, however police reopened the southbound carriageway towards Welwyn at 9am.
The northbound carriageway remains closed while recovery takes place.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder