Can you provide a home for this pair of ‘loving’ dogs?
- Credit: RSPCA
A pair of loving dogs finding kennel life ‘stressful’ at RSPCA Southridge are looking for a forever home.
Tilly the cat, and Chester and Penny the dogs are this week’s trio of pets at RSPCA Southridge looking for new owners in the Welwyn Hatfield Times Potters Bar Edition’s regular Find Me A Home appeal.
• Chester and Penny are looking for a forever home together.
Chester is a male, six-year-old Pomeranian, and Penny is a 10-year-old female West Highland Terrier.
They find themselves at Southridge as their owner could sadly no longer keep them.
You may also want to watch:
“They both find being in kennels stressful, however they are beginning to come out of their shell,” said a spokeswoman for the centre in Packhorse Lane, Ridge.
“Penny and Chester are both very loving dogs once they get to know you and enjoy attention and a cuddle.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
“They enjoy going for walks and love playing ball.”
They could live with children of secondary school age and will need someone to be around for most of the day.
The pair could live with a friendly cat.
They would benefit from some further training, and need to have access to a secure garden.
• Beautiful Tilly is a four-year-old female semi domestic longhair.
A spokeswoman for the RSPCA centre said: “Tilly finds herself at Southridge as she was abandoned outside the centre in a pet carrier in need of veterinary treatment.
“She is a very sweet, gentle girl, who adores a fuss and a groom.”
The RSPCA spokeswoman added: “We are looking for an adult only home as she prefers peace and quiet.
“She will need access to the outside and to be away from any busy roads.”
Tilly could live with another cat but not a dog.
The Southridge spokeswoman added: “She really deserves a loving, forever home.”
• If you are interested in adopting any of the animals featured in this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times Potters Bar Edition Find Me A Home appeal, visit the centre in Packhorse Lane, Ridge, Potters Bar, call 0300 123 0704 or email email@example.com
The centre is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11am to 4.15pm.
It is also open on Sundays from 1pm to 4.15pm.