RSPCA rescue poor Phoebe from cruelty
FORCED to spend her whole life in one room and never being taken out for a walk was the former distressing tale of crossbreed Phoebe. The three-year-old dog endured this cruel life before she was rescued by an RSPCA inspector earlier in the year. Now liv
FORCED to spend her whole life in one room and never being taken out for a walk was the former distressing tale of crossbreed Phoebe.
The three-year-old dog endured this cruel life before she was rescued by an RSPCA inspector earlier in the year.
Now living at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms, life for Phoebe has turned around for the better.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "Phoebe was forced to live in her own mess and the faeces and urine of other animals.
You may also want to watch:
"But since she has been at RSPCA Southridge she has been spotlessly clean in her kennel and staff have seen no sign of her being destructive - in fact she keeps her bed area very tidy indeed."
The spokesman added: "She loves running through the grass and sunbathing on the stone paths around the centre, and is over the moon to meet everyone she sees."
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
Phoebe is looking for a home where she can be either the only dog or live with a male dog.
She doesn't like cats and is not keen on female dogs.
An owner with children over the age of eight would also be beneficial for Phoebe.
If you can give her a home call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit Phoebe at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.