RSPCA pamper night is a ‘huge success’
A LUXURY pamper night to raise money for an animal charity was an “astounding” success.
The event at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms, was to raise funds for the medical treatments of animals in care at the home.
Hosted by Friends of RSPCA Southridge, in particular care assistants Charlotte Rumbelow, 21, and Anna Ridley, 23, the evening raised �3,000.
Charlotte said: “We’re gobsmacked that we had made an astounding �3,000.
“Everyone said how much they enjoyed it!”
You may also want to watch:
Guests enjoyed treatments such as a manicure, pedicure, Indian head massage, a facial, eyebrow shaping and loads more.
There was also a lucky dip, tombola, raffle and a variety of stalls selling handbags, candles, jewellery and make-up items.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
Terry Pavey, chairman of the friends, said: “The queue started half-an-hour before the opening time of 7.30pm and the crowds that followed should have tipped us off that it was going to be a special evening.
“The girls did brilliantly.
“It was an amazing total.”