RSPCA pamper night is a ‘huge success’
A LUXURY pamper night to raise money for an animal charity was an “astounding” success.
The event at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms, was to raise funds for the medical treatments of animals in care at the home.
Hosted by Friends of RSPCA Southridge, in particular care assistants Charlotte Rumbelow, 21, and Anna Ridley, 23, the evening raised �3,000.
Charlotte said: “We’re gobsmacked that we had made an astounding �3,000.
“Everyone said how much they enjoyed it!”
You may also want to watch:
Guests enjoyed treatments such as a manicure, pedicure, Indian head massage, a facial, eyebrow shaping and loads more.
There was also a lucky dip, tombola, raffle and a variety of stalls selling handbags, candles, jewellery and make-up items.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Terry Pavey, chairman of the friends, said: “The queue started half-an-hour before the opening time of 7.30pm and the crowds that followed should have tipped us off that it was going to be a special evening.
“The girls did brilliantly.
“It was an amazing total.”