RSPCA pamper night is a ‘huge success’
A LUXURY pamper night to raise money for an animal charity was an “astounding” success.
The event at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms, was to raise funds for the medical treatments of animals in care at the home.
Hosted by Friends of RSPCA Southridge, in particular care assistants Charlotte Rumbelow, 21, and Anna Ridley, 23, the evening raised �3,000.
Charlotte said: “We’re gobsmacked that we had made an astounding �3,000.
“Everyone said how much they enjoyed it!”
You may also want to watch:
Guests enjoyed treatments such as a manicure, pedicure, Indian head massage, a facial, eyebrow shaping and loads more.
There was also a lucky dip, tombola, raffle and a variety of stalls selling handbags, candles, jewellery and make-up items.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 5 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 6 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Terry Pavey, chairman of the friends, said: “The queue started half-an-hour before the opening time of 7.30pm and the crowds that followed should have tipped us off that it was going to be a special evening.
“The girls did brilliantly.
“It was an amazing total.”