RSPCA dog in need of new home
HE may not look like an elf, but that doesn’t stop this cute crossbreed (pictured) from sharing his name with one.
Elf the dog is currently living at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms while he awaits a new home and family.
The 18-month-old was taken to the centre due to a new baby being born in his former owner’s family.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Potters Bar Edition: “Elf is an extremely bouncy dog, very strong on the lead, so we are looking for a family who will commit to training classes as he has had no experience of classes before.
“Being nervous and unsure of other dogs, his behaviour can, at times, look off-putting.
You may also want to watch:
“However, all he needs is to feel secure and be introduced to well-behaved, trained dogs: this would also benefit his own behaviour.”
Elf can live with children of secondary school age but in a household with no cats.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
He travels well and can be left for a couple of hours on his own.
The spokesman added: “Elf is a great fun dog who is extremely affectionate and loves human company.”
If you can offer him a home call the animal centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit Elf at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays.