RSPCA dog in need of new home
UNWANTED puppy dog Billy Buttons is in desperate need of a new home and family.
The six-month-old was taken to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms a few months ago as part of an unwanted litter.
He was consequently re-homed but returned after a couple of weeks because he had problems with his front legs.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane animal centre told the Potters Bar Edition: “The joints were swollen and he seemed to knuckle over his toes when he walked.
“We do not know what or why his legs were affected in this way, it could have been a combination of poor diet when he was young, over exercising or injury.
You may also want to watch:
“But his recovery was unbelievable, within two weeks his legs and gait appeared to be almost normal and our vets have given him the all clear to go up for re-homing.”
Billy Buttons is not housetrained and therefore needs to be re-homed with an experienced owner.
- 1 Delight for Garden City Runners as they enjoy two of their favourite events
- 2 Potters Bar Town throw their hat in the ring for fightback of the year after incredible game at Folkestone
- 3 Happy Jack at the Barn shows 'the power of theatre to both move and amuse'
- 4 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
- 7 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 8 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 Curiosity and the 'Great Take Away' at sculptor's new Stevenage Museum exhibition
The spokesman added: “Billy Buttons is one the gentlest puppies we have ever met.
“Whichever lucky person adopts him will have to be sensible; he cannot be over exercised as he is still only young and still growing.
“He will need to be taken to training classes and continue to be socialised with lots of people and other animals.
“The owner’s reward is living with a wonderful, funny, affectionate dog.”
If you can offer Billy Buttons a home, call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can him them at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.