RSPCA appeals for budding artists
ASPIRING artists will have their chance to show off their talents by entering the second annual RSPCA Mural Competition. The competition is open to youngsters between the ages of five and 19 who are students at schools and colleges throughout the south-ea
ASPIRING artists will have their chance to show off their talents by entering the second annual RSPCA Mural Competition.
The competition is open to youngsters between the ages of five and 19 who are students at schools and colleges throughout the south-east region.
The winning entries, five in total, can be produced by individuals or groups of artists.
And the overall winner will see their mural decorate the walls of RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
You may also want to watch:
The centre homes 2,500 animals each year and more than 65,000 members of the public visit it annually, so the works of art will have "enormous" exposure.
Anna White, manager of the Packhorse Lane centre, said: "Entrants should do research when designing their murals to reflect the ethos and aims of the centre.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
"We do hope that teachers and students will be inspired to create original pieces of art for the RSPCA and look forward to receiving your entries."
The five categories are for cats, dogs, small animals, horses and rabbits.
There is a fee of �5 per entry.
The closing date is May 23.
For more information about mural sizes and entry terms and conditions contact the animal centre on 0300 123 0704.