RSPCA appeals for budding artists
ASPIRING artists will have their chance to show off their talents by entering the second annual RSPCA Mural Competition. The competition is open to youngsters between the ages of five and 19 who are students at schools and colleges throughout the south-ea
ASPIRING artists will have their chance to show off their talents by entering the second annual RSPCA Mural Competition.
The competition is open to youngsters between the ages of five and 19 who are students at schools and colleges throughout the south-east region.
The winning entries, five in total, can be produced by individuals or groups of artists.
And the overall winner will see their mural decorate the walls of RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
The centre homes 2,500 animals each year and more than 65,000 members of the public visit it annually, so the works of art will have "enormous" exposure.
Anna White, manager of the Packhorse Lane centre, said: "Entrants should do research when designing their murals to reflect the ethos and aims of the centre.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Welwyn Hatfield couple demand change to stillborn definition
- 8 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 9 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 10 Over-55s encouraged to join It’s Never Too Late to be Active campaign
"We do hope that teachers and students will be inspired to create original pieces of art for the RSPCA and look forward to receiving your entries."
The five categories are for cats, dogs, small animals, horses and rabbits.
There is a fee of �5 per entry.
The closing date is May 23.
For more information about mural sizes and entry terms and conditions contact the animal centre on 0300 123 0704.