RSPCA appeals for budding artists
ASPIRING artists will have their chance to show off their talents by entering the second annual RSPCA Mural Competition. The competition is open to youngsters between the ages of five and 19 who are students at schools and colleges throughout the south-ea
ASPIRING artists will have their chance to show off their talents by entering the second annual RSPCA Mural Competition.
The competition is open to youngsters between the ages of five and 19 who are students at schools and colleges throughout the south-east region.
The winning entries, five in total, can be produced by individuals or groups of artists.
And the overall winner will see their mural decorate the walls of RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
You may also want to watch:
The centre homes 2,500 animals each year and more than 65,000 members of the public visit it annually, so the works of art will have "enormous" exposure.
Anna White, manager of the Packhorse Lane centre, said: "Entrants should do research when designing their murals to reflect the ethos and aims of the centre.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
"We do hope that teachers and students will be inspired to create original pieces of art for the RSPCA and look forward to receiving your entries."
The five categories are for cats, dogs, small animals, horses and rabbits.
There is a fee of �5 per entry.
The closing date is May 23.
For more information about mural sizes and entry terms and conditions contact the animal centre on 0300 123 0704.