Row in Hatfield ends in mattress being torched
A ROW between a couple escalated, leading to a mattress being torched in the street.
The bizarre incident in Errington Close, Hatfield, happened on Friday, just before 6pm.
No one was injured but police and paramedics were called along with the fire service to the first-floor flat.
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We had a call at around 5.45pm to say that there was a fire outside a property in Errington Close.”
Police believe the mattress was deliberately set fire to.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said oxygen was administered to someone at the flat.
The fire was extinguished at 6.20pm.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
* A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of arson and was bailed until April 4.