Rotary clubs help Haiti earthquake aid effort
ROTARY clubs in WGC and Hatfield have joined others across the world in coming to the aid of the Haiti earthquake victims.
Donated ShelterBoxes and AquaBoxes have already started arriving in the capital, Port-au-Prince.
A spokesman said: “ShelterBoxes are a global Rotary club project and contain a basic survival kit including a 10-person tent.
“ShelterBox responds instantly to disasters all around the world delivering aid as quickly as possible to the people who need it most.
“Rotarian volunteers ensure the aid gets quickly to where it is most effective.”
You may also want to watch:
Some 200,000 people are thought to have died after the devastating earthquake, measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale, last Tuesday.
* If you would like to help with a donation, contact WGC club president John Walton on 01707 890790 or email@example.com; or Hatfield president John Hopley on 01707 325808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder