Rotary clubs help Haiti earthquake aid effort
ROTARY clubs in WGC and Hatfield have joined others across the world in coming to the aid of the Haiti earthquake victims.
Donated ShelterBoxes and AquaBoxes have already started arriving in the capital, Port-au-Prince.
A spokesman said: “ShelterBoxes are a global Rotary club project and contain a basic survival kit including a 10-person tent.
“ShelterBox responds instantly to disasters all around the world delivering aid as quickly as possible to the people who need it most.
“Rotarian volunteers ensure the aid gets quickly to where it is most effective.”
You may also want to watch:
Some 200,000 people are thought to have died after the devastating earthquake, measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale, last Tuesday.
* If you would like to help with a donation, contact WGC club president John Walton on 01707 890790 or email@example.com; or Hatfield president John Hopley on 01707 325808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes