Rotary clubs help Haiti earthquake aid effort
ROTARY clubs in WGC and Hatfield have joined others across the world in coming to the aid of the Haiti earthquake victims.
Donated ShelterBoxes and AquaBoxes have already started arriving in the capital, Port-au-Prince.
A spokesman said: “ShelterBoxes are a global Rotary club project and contain a basic survival kit including a 10-person tent.
“ShelterBox responds instantly to disasters all around the world delivering aid as quickly as possible to the people who need it most.
“Rotarian volunteers ensure the aid gets quickly to where it is most effective.”
You may also want to watch:
Some 200,000 people are thought to have died after the devastating earthquake, measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale, last Tuesday.
* If you would like to help with a donation, contact WGC club president John Walton on 01707 890790 or email@example.com; or Hatfield president John Hopley on 01707 325808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022