Rotary clubs help Haiti earthquake aid effort
ROTARY clubs in WGC and Hatfield have joined others across the world in coming to the aid of the Haiti earthquake victims.
Donated ShelterBoxes and AquaBoxes have already started arriving in the capital, Port-au-Prince.
A spokesman said: “ShelterBoxes are a global Rotary club project and contain a basic survival kit including a 10-person tent.
“ShelterBox responds instantly to disasters all around the world delivering aid as quickly as possible to the people who need it most.
“Rotarian volunteers ensure the aid gets quickly to where it is most effective.”
You may also want to watch:
Some 200,000 people are thought to have died after the devastating earthquake, measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale, last Tuesday.
* If you would like to help with a donation, contact WGC club president John Walton on 01707 890790 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Hatfield president John Hopley on 01707 325808 or email@example.com
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued