Romanian jailed for cash machine scam in Potters Bar
A CASH machine thief from Romania faces deportation after being jailed for an ATM scam in Potters Bar. Ioan Stauceanu, 29, pleaded guilty to skimming �300 from a cash point in
A CASH machine thief from Romania faces deportation after being jailed for an ATM scam in Potters Bar.
Ioan Stauceanu, 29, pleaded guilty to 'skimming' �300 from a cash point in High Street on March 28.
Stauceanu, of Sidney Avenue, Parsons Green, London, was sent to prison for 12 months following a hearing at St Albans Crown Court.
Judge Joanne Harris also recommended that he be deported.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story see this week's Potters Bar Edition, out Wednesday
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday