Rolls-Royce badge stolen
A ROLLS-ROYCE flying lady symbol was stolen on Sunday afternoon.
The theft took place in Brookmans Avenue, Brookmans Park, between 5pm and 5.30pm.
Police believe the thieves gained access from the golf club road. As well as the iconic symbol, crooks also tried unsuccessfully to gain access to a till.
Appealing for witnesses, detective constable Glen Turrell-Oldacre said: “Anyone out of place would have attracted attention.
“This is a very unusual burglary where they have specifically targeted the symbol from the car.”
You may also want to watch:
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses