Roche gives air ambulance its backing
A WGC-based pharmaceutical giant has named its charity of the year for 2009. Over the next 12 months, staff at Roche, in Shire Park, will raise money for the Herts Air Ambulance, which was launched in November 2008. Describing the vital service, which re
A WGC-based pharmaceutical giant has named its charity of the year for 2009.
Over the next 12 months, staff at Roche, in Shire Park, will raise money for the Herts Air Ambulance, which was launched in November 2008.
Describing the vital service, which receives no Government funding, as a "fantastic cause", Roche corporate affairs manager Dean Capon said: "We are very proud to be supporting the lift-off of the Herts Air Ambulance as we have a shared passion for improving people's health and quality of life with innovative services."
Air ambulance spokeswoman Niki Caborn said she was "delighted" the charity had been picked.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It means a lot to have this support; not only will it enhance both our profiles, but it will enable us to raise much needed funds for the county's life-saving helicopter."
It costs up to �80,000 a month to operate the air ambulance five days a week.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
For more information go to www.hertsairambulance.uk.com