Roadshows to explain fortnightly collection switch in Welwyn Hatfield
ROADSHOWS to help residents get to grips with new fortnightly collections are taking place throughout the borough.
Welwyn Hatfield Council is keen to make sure no-one is confused by what they’re calling a ‘two-step change’ to how your rubbish is picked up.
As previously reported in the Welwyn Hatfield Times, rubbish, recycling and composting collection days will be changing this month, in preparation for the main switch.
Then, from the end of February and into March, residents will receive their three wheelie bins – and the alternate collection service will start.
The rollout is expected to be complete by the start of April.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Colin Couch, executive member for environment, said: “Implementing the new service this way was considered to be the best approach for residents.
“Doing it in two steps will ensure that the transition is as smooth as possible for residents.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“Many collection days have to change to ensure that the most efficient service can be delivered once introduced.”
Roadshows are being held at various venues in the borough, where council officers will be available to answer questions about the new service.
Cllr Couch added: “I encourage you to come along and learn more about the service change at these roadshows.
“The new bins that are planned to be rolled out will be on show, and advice will be offered on recycling more and minimising rubbish.”
Find out when and where the roadshows are online at www.welhat.gov.uk