Road reopens after Woolmer Green death crash
THE road where a man died in a car crash following a police chase this morning (Friday) has been reopened.
A large section of London Road in Woolmer Green and the B197 near Welwyn had been closed in both directions since the accident at 2.40am, when an Audi A3 overturned while being pursued by police.
One man died, with another in hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A 25-year-old from Bedford has been arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police, dangerous driving, driving without a licence and driving under the influence of alcohol.
London Road was closed from the junction of Bridge Road , with motorists attempting to join the B197 at the A1(M) roundabout near Welwyn also being redirected.
The stretch has now been reopened this afternoon.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Local Plan guidelines clarified following ‘green fields’ confusion