Road crash victim named
THE pedestrian who died following an early morning road accident at the weekend has been named.
Luke Moloney, 29, was involved in the crash with a white Toyota Previa at about 2am on Sunday.
The accident happened in Hatfield Road, Smallford, near to the Notcutts garden centre.
Mr Moloney, from the St Albans area, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC, where he died of his injuries.
The driver of the Toyota, a man from St Albans, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
Pc Matt Hollingsworth said: “Although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
Pc Hollingsworth added no arrests had been made.
Call the road crash investigation unit on 0845 33 00 222 with information.