Road crash victim named
THE pedestrian who died following an early morning road accident at the weekend has been named.
Luke Moloney, 29, was involved in the crash with a white Toyota Previa at about 2am on Sunday.
The accident happened in Hatfield Road, Smallford, near to the Notcutts garden centre.
Mr Moloney, from the St Albans area, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC, where he died of his injuries.
The driver of the Toyota, a man from St Albans, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
Pc Matt Hollingsworth said: “Although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 5 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 9 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
Pc Hollingsworth added no arrests had been made.
Call the road crash investigation unit on 0845 33 00 222 with information.