Road crash in Welwyn Garden City
EMERGENCY services are on the scene of a road crash near Stanborough Lakes, WGC. It is understood the accident involved a Uno bus and a pedestrian. Seven police cars and two fire engines are in attendance and the road – the A6129 leading up towards the
EMERGENCY services are on the scene of a road crash near Stanborough Lakes, WGC.
A Uno bus was in collision with an elderly man in a wheelchair at about 2.15pm today (Monday).
Seven police cars, two fire engines and paramedics are in attendance and the road - the A6129 leading up towards the Oldings roundabout, is currently closed.
A police spokeswoman has told the WHT the road is expected to remain closed for at least the next hour.
You may also want to watch:
Further updates to follow.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas