Road closures to be put in place in Welwyn Garden City
ROAD closures are set to be put in place for the next four weekends when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC today (Friday). Weather-permitting, Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the
ROAD closures are set to be put in place for the next four weekends when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC today (Friday).
Weather-permitting, Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, this evening.
The structure, which carries traffic over the Great Northern Route railway line, is so named because it is located exactly 20 miles from London King's Cross.
Road closures will be in enforced westbound, between the Osborn Way and Chequers roundabouts, from Friday 8pm until Monday 6am for each of the next four weekends.
You may also want to watch:
The work was originally scheduled to begin on March 6, but was delayed for logistical reasons.
Speaking about the repairs, Stuart Pile, the county council's executive member for highways, transport and rural affairs, said: "Safety is extremely high on our list of priorities, and these measures are needed to help protect road and rail users alike.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
"We will do our utmost to keep disruption to a minimum while work is in progress, but we would advise drivers to leave extra time for their journeys and take extra care during this period.