Road closures to be put in place in Welwyn Garden City
ROAD closures are set to be put in place for the next four weekends when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC today (Friday). Weather-permitting, Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the
ROAD closures are set to be put in place for the next four weekends when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC today (Friday).
Weather-permitting, Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, this evening.
The structure, which carries traffic over the Great Northern Route railway line, is so named because it is located exactly 20 miles from London King's Cross.
Road closures will be in enforced westbound, between the Osborn Way and Chequers roundabouts, from Friday 8pm until Monday 6am for each of the next four weekends.
You may also want to watch:
The work was originally scheduled to begin on March 6, but was delayed for logistical reasons.
Speaking about the repairs, Stuart Pile, the county council's executive member for highways, transport and rural affairs, said: "Safety is extremely high on our list of priorities, and these measures are needed to help protect road and rail users alike.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
"We will do our utmost to keep disruption to a minimum while work is in progress, but we would advise drivers to leave extra time for their journeys and take extra care during this period.