Road closures in Welwyn Garden City tonight
ROAD closures will be put in place when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC tonight (Friday). Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, at
ROAD closures will be put in place when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC tonight (Friday).
Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, at 8pm.
The structure, which carries traffic over the railway line, is so named because it is located exactly 20 miles from London King's Cross.
Road closures will be enforced westbound, between the Osborn Way and Chequers roundabouts, each weekend from Friday 8pm until Monday 6am for the next four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the repairs, county councillor Stuart Pile, executive member for highways, transport and rural affairs, said: "Safety is extremely high on our list of priorities, and these measures are needed to help protect road and rail users alike.
"We will do our utmost to keep disruption to a minimum while work is in progress, but we would advise drivers to leave extra time for their journeys and take extra care during this period."
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre