Road closures in Welwyn Garden City tonight
ROAD closures will be put in place when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC tonight (Friday). Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, at
ROAD closures will be put in place when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC tonight (Friday).
Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, at 8pm.
The structure, which carries traffic over the railway line, is so named because it is located exactly 20 miles from London King's Cross.
Road closures will be enforced westbound, between the Osborn Way and Chequers roundabouts, each weekend from Friday 8pm until Monday 6am for the next four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the repairs, county councillor Stuart Pile, executive member for highways, transport and rural affairs, said: "Safety is extremely high on our list of priorities, and these measures are needed to help protect road and rail users alike.
"We will do our utmost to keep disruption to a minimum while work is in progress, but we would advise drivers to leave extra time for their journeys and take extra care during this period."
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts