Road closures in Welwyn Garden City tonight
ROAD closures will be put in place when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC tonight (Friday). Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, at
ROAD closures will be put in place when essential bridge repairs begin in WGC tonight (Friday).
Hertfordshire Highways will start re-surfacing and re-waterproofing the Twentieth Mile Bridge, on Broadwater Road, at 8pm.
The structure, which carries traffic over the railway line, is so named because it is located exactly 20 miles from London King's Cross.
Road closures will be enforced westbound, between the Osborn Way and Chequers roundabouts, each weekend from Friday 8pm until Monday 6am for the next four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the repairs, county councillor Stuart Pile, executive member for highways, transport and rural affairs, said: "Safety is extremely high on our list of priorities, and these measures are needed to help protect road and rail users alike.
"We will do our utmost to keep disruption to a minimum while work is in progress, but we would advise drivers to leave extra time for their journeys and take extra care during this period."
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist