Road closed in Woolmer Green
A ROAD connecting WGC and Knebworth has been closed after an OAP fell off his bike.
The man who had been in collision with a car shortly after 2pm today (Sunday) was taken by ambulance to hospital.
London Road, through the village of Woolmer Green was closed for at least an hour following the accident, which was close to the petrol station.
Traffic was diverted around nearby minor roads, which were struggling to cope with the overflow of cars.
One driver tying to get from Stevenage to WGC said the police could have done more.
You may also want to watch:
“The back roads were a nightmare, cars were struggling to pass on the small lanes and many were having to turn around,” she said.
“It was lucky this was a Sunday, it would have been chaotic on a Monday morning.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 70-year-old dies following single-vehicle collision in Welwyn