Road closed in Woolmer Green
A ROAD connecting WGC and Knebworth has been closed after an OAP fell off his bike.
The man who had been in collision with a car shortly after 2pm today (Sunday) was taken by ambulance to hospital.
London Road, through the village of Woolmer Green was closed for at least an hour following the accident, which was close to the petrol station.
Traffic was diverted around nearby minor roads, which were struggling to cope with the overflow of cars.
One driver tying to get from Stevenage to WGC said the police could have done more.
You may also want to watch:
“The back roads were a nightmare, cars were struggling to pass on the small lanes and many were having to turn around,” she said.
“It was lucky this was a Sunday, it would have been chaotic on a Monday morning.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM