Road closed after South Mimms crash
A MAN trapped for over an hour after his car collided with a lorry has been taken to hospital.
Emergency services were called in just after 11.30am today (Tuesday) after the accident on the A1081 St Albans Road near South Mimms.
Due to the nature of the call, the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also required to attend the incident.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, at the scene, said: “A man in his 40s was trapped by the wreckage of his car for over an hour. “Paramedics and the doctor from the air ambulance stabilised him before he was taken by land ambulance to Barnet General Hospital.
“The driver of the lorry, a man in his 50s was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance landed in waste ground adjacent to the collision.
St Albans Road has been closed at the junction with the A1, Trotters Bottom and Bignells Corner, while the incident is dealt with.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
It is expected to reopen at 3pm.
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call Pc Laurie Grey via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.