Road closed after South Mimms crash
A MAN trapped for over an hour after his car collided with a lorry has been taken to hospital.
Emergency services were called in just after 11.30am today (Tuesday) after the accident on the A1081 St Albans Road near South Mimms.
Due to the nature of the call, the East Anglian Air Ambulance was also required to attend the incident.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, at the scene, said: “A man in his 40s was trapped by the wreckage of his car for over an hour. “Paramedics and the doctor from the air ambulance stabilised him before he was taken by land ambulance to Barnet General Hospital.
“The driver of the lorry, a man in his 50s was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance landed in waste ground adjacent to the collision.
St Albans Road has been closed at the junction with the A1, Trotters Bottom and Bignells Corner, while the incident is dealt with.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
It is expected to reopen at 3pm.
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call Pc Laurie Grey via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.