Reward offered to catch railway station raiders
YOBS responsible for a spate of thefts at railway stations are being hunted by detectives. British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses after ticket machines at Potters Bar, Welham Green and Brookmans Park were broken into overnight on April
YOBS responsible for a spate of thefts at railway stations are being hunted by detectives.
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses after ticket machines at Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar were broken into overnight on April 2/3.
Detective constable Chris Brett said the thieves, who escaped with a small amount of cash, also damaged a phone box at Cuffley railway station.
"The damage caused was considerable and there was obviously disruption caused to many passengers," he said.
As part of the investigation, CCTV stills have been released.
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) is offering a �2,500 reward for information leading to the capture of the offenders.
- 1 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 4 Food supplements worth £100s stolen from Holland and Barrett shop
- 5 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 8 Rave reviews for Classic Ibiza concert ahead of Hatfield House return
- 9 Enjoy the battle for the best firework display at Hatfield House
- 10 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
Call police with information on 0800 405040.