Reward offered to catch railway station raiders
YOBS responsible for a spate of thefts at railway stations are being hunted by detectives. British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses after ticket machines at Potters Bar, Welham Green and Brookmans Park were broken into overnight on April
YOBS responsible for a spate of thefts at railway stations are being hunted by detectives.
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses after ticket machines at Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar were broken into overnight on April 2/3.
Detective constable Chris Brett said the thieves, who escaped with a small amount of cash, also damaged a phone box at Cuffley railway station.
"The damage caused was considerable and there was obviously disruption caused to many passengers," he said.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the investigation, CCTV stills have been released.
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) is offering a �2,500 reward for information leading to the capture of the offenders.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Call police with information on 0800 405040.