Reward offered to catch railway station raiders
YOBS responsible for a spate of thefts at railway stations are being hunted by detectives. British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses after ticket machines at Potters Bar, Welham Green and Brookmans Park were broken into overnight on April
YOBS responsible for a spate of thefts at railway stations are being hunted by detectives.
British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for witnesses after ticket machines at Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar were broken into overnight on April 2/3.
Detective constable Chris Brett said the thieves, who escaped with a small amount of cash, also damaged a phone box at Cuffley railway station.
"The damage caused was considerable and there was obviously disruption caused to many passengers," he said.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the investigation, CCTV stills have been released.
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) is offering a �2,500 reward for information leading to the capture of the offenders.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Call police with information on 0800 405040.