Restored historic pub up for design award
AN historic pub has been shortlisted for a prestigious design award, after it was gutted during a huge fire last year.
Innventure, owners of The Wellington in Welwyn, have been named in the best design category at this year’s MA200 awards – the annual award ceremony of industry bible the Morning Advertiser.
The nomination is in recognition of the sympathetic redesign of the Wellington, the 14th century high street pub that was partly destroyed by a dramatic blaze in June last year.
The Wellington only re- opened in May this year, and Liz Gouldie, managing partner of Innventure, said the award nomination was “fantastic”.
“We are thrilled to be named,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We only re-opened in May so this is a huge accolade for us.
“We have been receiving great feedback from our guests but to be nominated for such an award after a short time is fantastic!”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced