Restaurant denies David Bentley 'Assault'
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story – but claims to know nothing about it. It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in t
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story - but claims to know nothing about it.
It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in the face while dining at Nolita restaurant in Brookmans Park.
Reports claimed the Tottenham and England midfielder was enjoying a meal with his pregnant fianc�e when a fellow diner approached him and punched him in the face before fleeing the Great North Road establishment.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary confirmed they had received a report of a man being assaulted in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been trying to contact the man on his mobile phone for the last 24 hours," she said.
"Unfortunately we have been unable to speak to him so have no further details of the incident."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
A Tottenham Hotspur spokesman said the incident happened on Friday.
However, restaurant staff have today (Monday) denied any knowledge of an incident taking place.
A Nolita employee said: "We have heard this story from various places, but as far as we're concerned we are unaware of any incident of this nature taking place at Nolita.