Restaurant denies David Bentley 'Assault'
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story – but claims to know nothing about it. It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in t
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story - but claims to know nothing about it.
It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in the face while dining at Nolita restaurant in Brookmans Park.
Reports claimed the Tottenham and England midfielder was enjoying a meal with his pregnant fianc�e when a fellow diner approached him and punched him in the face before fleeing the Great North Road establishment.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary confirmed they had received a report of a man being assaulted in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been trying to contact the man on his mobile phone for the last 24 hours," she said.
"Unfortunately we have been unable to speak to him so have no further details of the incident."
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 7 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
A Tottenham Hotspur spokesman said the incident happened on Friday.
However, restaurant staff have today (Monday) denied any knowledge of an incident taking place.
A Nolita employee said: "We have heard this story from various places, but as far as we're concerned we are unaware of any incident of this nature taking place at Nolita.