Restaurant denies David Bentley 'Assault'
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story – but claims to know nothing about it. It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in t
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story - but claims to know nothing about it.
It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in the face while dining at Nolita restaurant in Brookmans Park.
Reports claimed the Tottenham and England midfielder was enjoying a meal with his pregnant fianc�e when a fellow diner approached him and punched him in the face before fleeing the Great North Road establishment.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary confirmed they had received a report of a man being assaulted in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been trying to contact the man on his mobile phone for the last 24 hours," she said.
"Unfortunately we have been unable to speak to him so have no further details of the incident."
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
A Tottenham Hotspur spokesman said the incident happened on Friday.
However, restaurant staff have today (Monday) denied any knowledge of an incident taking place.
A Nolita employee said: "We have heard this story from various places, but as far as we're concerned we are unaware of any incident of this nature taking place at Nolita.