Restaurant denies David Bentley 'Assault'
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story – but claims to know nothing about it. It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in t
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story - but claims to know nothing about it.
It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in the face while dining at Nolita restaurant in Brookmans Park.
Reports claimed the Tottenham and England midfielder was enjoying a meal with his pregnant fianc�e when a fellow diner approached him and punched him in the face before fleeing the Great North Road establishment.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary confirmed they had received a report of a man being assaulted in the area.
"We have been trying to contact the man on his mobile phone for the last 24 hours," she said.
"Unfortunately we have been unable to speak to him so have no further details of the incident."
- 1 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 2 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 3 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 4 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 5 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Free Compassionate Neighbours training session to be held by Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 What happened to the 633 Squadron movie-star Mosquitos?
- 10 Hatfield company finalists of Impact Awards 2022
A Tottenham Hotspur spokesman said the incident happened on Friday.
However, restaurant staff have today (Monday) denied any knowledge of an incident taking place.
A Nolita employee said: "We have heard this story from various places, but as far as we're concerned we are unaware of any incident of this nature taking place at Nolita.