Restaurant denies David Bentley 'Assault'
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story – but claims to know nothing about it. It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in t
A RESTAURANT in Times Territory has found itself at the centre of a national news story - but claims to know nothing about it.
It had been reported in the national press yesterday (Sunday) that Premier League footballer David Bentley had been punched in the face while dining at Nolita restaurant in Brookmans Park.
Reports claimed the Tottenham and England midfielder was enjoying a meal with his pregnant fianc�e when a fellow diner approached him and punched him in the face before fleeing the Great North Road establishment.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary confirmed they had received a report of a man being assaulted in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been trying to contact the man on his mobile phone for the last 24 hours," she said.
"Unfortunately we have been unable to speak to him so have no further details of the incident."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
A Tottenham Hotspur spokesman said the incident happened on Friday.
However, restaurant staff have today (Monday) denied any knowledge of an incident taking place.
A Nolita employee said: "We have heard this story from various places, but as far as we're concerned we are unaware of any incident of this nature taking place at Nolita.