Residents unite for World Cup-themed Village Day
FOOTBALL was the game as residents came together for an annual village day celebration.
The 51st annual Brookmans Park Village Day took featured a “World United” theme this year, in honour of the World Cup taking place in South Africa.
Despite windy weather and the event taking place the day after England’s lacklustre draw with Algeria, Brookmans Park residents nevertheless got into the spirit of the day, at a joyous festival of football and fun.
Starting out on the village green, the traditional procession was led by actress Amanda Abbington, village resident and partner of The Office star Martin Freeman.
The party then kicked off at Brookmans Park Primary School, with football-themed stalls and activities and even walk-on-water hamster balls.
You may also want to watch:
Village Day committee member Helen Coffer said: “It was very upbeat, despite the weather and England drawing on Friday.
“People decided to come out and forget all about it, and just have fun.”
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17