Residents unite for World Cup-themed Village Day
FOOTBALL was the game as residents came together for an annual village day celebration.
The 51st annual Brookmans Park Village Day took featured a “World United” theme this year, in honour of the World Cup taking place in South Africa.
Despite windy weather and the event taking place the day after England’s lacklustre draw with Algeria, Brookmans Park residents nevertheless got into the spirit of the day, at a joyous festival of football and fun.
Starting out on the village green, the traditional procession was led by actress Amanda Abbington, village resident and partner of The Office star Martin Freeman.
The party then kicked off at Brookmans Park Primary School, with football-themed stalls and activities and even walk-on-water hamster balls.
You may also want to watch:
Village Day committee member Helen Coffer said: “It was very upbeat, despite the weather and England drawing on Friday.
“People decided to come out and forget all about it, and just have fun.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One