Residents unite for World Cup-themed Village Day
FOOTBALL was the game as residents came together for an annual village day celebration.
The 51st annual Brookmans Park Village Day took featured a “World United” theme this year, in honour of the World Cup taking place in South Africa.
Despite windy weather and the event taking place the day after England’s lacklustre draw with Algeria, Brookmans Park residents nevertheless got into the spirit of the day, at a joyous festival of football and fun.
Starting out on the village green, the traditional procession was led by actress Amanda Abbington, village resident and partner of The Office star Martin Freeman.
The party then kicked off at Brookmans Park Primary School, with football-themed stalls and activities and even walk-on-water hamster balls.
You may also want to watch:
Village Day committee member Helen Coffer said: “It was very upbeat, despite the weather and England drawing on Friday.
“People decided to come out and forget all about it, and just have fun.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk