Rescued Welwyn Garden City woman in serious condition
An elderly woman rescued this morning (Wednesday) by firefighters from her home is in a serious condition in hospital.
The pensioner, believed to be in her 70s, was raced to the QE2 in WGC at around 6.30am.
The woman is set to be transferred by ambulance to the burns unit in Chelmsford.
She was rescued by members of blue watch from her home in Applecroft Road, WGC.
Eight crews helped put the fire out and some firefighters remain on site investigating the cause of the fire, which is believed to be accidental.
You may also want to watch:
A fire dog is currently searching surrounding properties.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone