Rescued Welwyn Garden City woman in serious condition
An elderly woman rescued this morning (Wednesday) by firefighters from her home is in a serious condition in hospital.
The pensioner, believed to be in her 70s, was raced to the QE2 in WGC at around 6.30am.
The woman is set to be transferred by ambulance to the burns unit in Chelmsford.
She was rescued by members of blue watch from her home in Applecroft Road, WGC.
Eight crews helped put the fire out and some firefighters remain on site investigating the cause of the fire, which is believed to be accidental.
You may also want to watch:
A fire dog is currently searching surrounding properties.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank