Rescue drama at Hatfield flat
A MAN came to a woman’s rescue after a blaze in her kitchen.
On Sunday at around 8pm, a pan caught fire in the kitchen of a flat in Town Centre, Hatfield.
As firefighters made their way to the scene a resident in an upstairs flat put out the flames.
Steve Duncan, watch commander at the town’s Wellfield Road station, said: “He grabbed a towel, wet it and put it onto the flames. Thanks to his very quick thinking, no one was injured.
“There was a lot of smoke.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of people evacuated, but were soon allowed back.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception